Tuesday, July 01, 2008

If my life were a musical?

I enjoyed that first meme so much that I thought this might be fun. I've always wished for my very own soundtrack.

Opening credits:
Second Skin - Ego Likeness

Waking up:
Katy Song - Red House Painters
but there in the clearing I
know you'll be wearing
your young aching smile and
waving your hand


First day of school:
The Wife, The Kids and the White Picket Fence - Fair To Midland

Falling in love:
Slave Riot - Agents of Oblivion
um, kinda, yeah.

Breaking up:
Dust - Gene Autry

Prom:
All Over Again - Johnny Cash
every time I look at you
I fall in love all over again

prom? Ish don't think so.

Life's okay:
Don't Let It Bring You Down - Annie Lennox
frick! it said life's OKAY. don't you read, iPod?

Mental breakdown:
Odalisque
and what do we do with 10 baby shoes
a kit bag full of marbles
and a broken billiard cue? what do we do?
WHAT DO WE DO??


Driving:
Sweet the Sting - Tori Amos
i guess i get a convertible in my movie

Flashback:
I Don't Mind the Pain - Danzig

Getting back together:
It's Christmas - James Brown

Wedding:
I Need You So - Elvis Presley

Birth of a child:
Merry Christmas Baby - Otis Redding

Final battle:
Clove Smoke Catharsis - AFI
lean against the night and laugh
as I try to scale the wall
ignored futility fills the air
you're only there
to watch me fall
watch me fall!
watch me!!

crud. sucks that i lose.

Death scene:
Every Breath You Take - The Police

Funeral Song:
Waiting For A Girl Like You - Foreigner

End credits:
Poison Oak - Bright Eyes
poison oak, some boyhood bravery
when the telephone was a tin can on a string
and I fell asleep with you still talking to me
you said you weren't afraid to die

No comments: