Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas shopping update

I know you're all DYING to know how well I did shopping in Chino last night with Nat. Just as a refresher we went with the intention of finishing most of our Christmas shopping. Did we? No. Did we come close? Well, one of us did, and was not me. Cry. Today I realized after talking to Dawna (who is going to attempt the exact same maneuver tomorrow on the East Coast) that my problem is high expectations. I come up with these glorious ideas, ideas so good that I refuse to waiver on the concept. And then when I try to execute the idea I come up empty handed because I simply cannot find the necessary ingredients to actualize the concept. And honestly, we're not talking about some elaborate hand-stitched California King bedspread here. My ideas are basic, but classy...and I guess one just cannot find 'classy' at one's neighborhood Ross...or TJ Maxx and More. So it's back to the drawing board I go in the hopes of having more to show this Christmas than 5 Best Buy gift cards.

1 comment:

DawnaHartman said...

You should see this list that is sitting next to me...haunting me with it's blankness under the column: "Ideas"