Friday, August 28, 2009

After my manic twitter and facebook posts about never knowing what I should eat I end up sitting down to blog with a hunk of rice krispie treat and a glass of Maker's. Problem solved. So, first things first and right to business. Today I finally got the chance to talk to B's teacher one on one since the year started. I was pleasantly surprised at the things she had to say about B. From her assessment that B's reading level is above average to B's new haircut, the 2nd grade teacher from heaven had no end of nice things to say about my daughter. I am beyond proud. I'm sure I walked out of the classroom with my chest puffed out and a beaming smile. I've never been one to assume anything about my offspring when it comes to intelligence (I really have nothing to compare her to) so when a teacher assures me that B is not only competent and holding her own in the classroom but also accelerating and exceeding the expectations! well, I'm just as proud as I can be. The cherry on the sundae is that B so loves her teacher and new curriculum that she's excited to go to school every morning. What parent can ask for more than that?

Now a word on the haircut. My baby is gone. The shorter, spunkier hair has made my Baby Beans into a real honest-to-goodness young lady. She just seems older to us now, both me and Dave. I knew it was going to happen, and I know there will be many more of these 'realizations' where we look up one day and say "she's older today." I don't think I'll be ready for any of them when they come along though. I'm just getting my kiss/cuddles in while I still can.

No comments: