Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today I tried my hand at being Daddy and failed miserably. Dave came home early from tattooing only to be called back in immediately after he got out of the shower. But in the time between his phone call saying he was coming home early and the phone call dragging him back in, I took the training wheels off of B's bike thinking that today would be the perfect day for Dave to teach her to ride. Even though Dave was leaving and strongly suggested I wait for him to teach her another day, I decided to give it a shot on my own. Not so good. There was a lot of crying, which was funny because she never once fell. There was a lot of whining and whimpering in anticipation of falling, though, and not much cooperation. I ended up getting super pissed and letting her give up and go in the house. I have the nagging feeling that if Dave had tried to teach her it probably would have gone much better. Que sera.

No comments: