Monday, December 29, 2008

The countdown to reality starts today. In a few days vacation will be over, eating my mom and dad's home cooking will be over, waking up to coffee already hot in the carafe will be over. So for now I'm soaking it in...luxuriating in it. Today is the first day I've had the house to myself; dad's hunting, mom's at work, Dave will be making his escape shortly to avoid the clucking of two women who haven't seen each other in over a year.
I just fed the dog...which here is no small task since she eats organic people food for every meal. Made the coffee myself after a brief panicky search of the kitchen for grounds. Meant to sit down and work, but realized I hadn't blogged a word about my trip since we arrived nearly two weeks ago. This trip has been unlike any other before it, there was something oddly calm and emotional about it.
There's so much to recount and Linda will be here any minute for our breakfast date with that gorgeous squishy baby Margot. I can't wait to share the photos I've taken since we've been here..oh! there's a hawk in the front yard! It's so Loud!

No comments: