Thursday, July 02, 2009

best. vacation. ever.

Might be an overstatement, since it is only the end of day 1 of our vacation, but it's been everything I could hope for in a Pennsylvania visit. I haven't felt pulled in a million directions even though we've already been to visit almost everyone in the families. It's been organic and fun and relaxing AND I've even already been shopping. Scored a major pair of black and silver Nike running shoes and I can't wait to try them out in the morning. And an early morning run through the gorge will = best. day 2 of vacation. ever.
It's so amazingly green here. It's been raining nonstop for the past few days (not today!) and so everything is lush and full and pregnant with life. I can't wait to run through Winter Green Gorge in the morning and take in the views. So much better than staring at a plasma attached to a treadmill that shakes with every step I make.
This trip was ordained from the first moment of travel to be a very positive experience. Each and every plane was a smooth ride, no layovers, no turbulence, no delays. B was a delightful travel companion, as usual. And we've already spent quality time with all the family members save for 2. We needed this vacation so badly and God has so completely blessed us with happy travel and a great first day. I'm looking very forward to the rest of this trip.

No comments: