Sunday, December 26, 2010

Chirstmas Miracle

D and I started an unintentional Christmas tradition last year when we went for our usual Christmas night walk around the neighborhood to look at lights. Just feet from our house we found a little lost blind doggy. We did some investigating and were able to return the doggy (Pepper, by name) to his home safely. We dubbed it our "Christmas Miracle" and talk about it often.

This year our miracles manifested in a much different way. And rather than go into excruciating detail, I'll give them to you as Christmas factoids.

1. A lost dog found, a found dog lost. My parents lost their beloved Emily who came to them only 2 years ago, but who they loved immensely; our friends came home from vacation to find that one of their greatly loved doggys had run away, only to find him days later at a shelter in Carlsbad!

2. Acts 11:14 "He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved." When faced with a crisis that I thought would break his newfound faith, my dad pulled through in the most amazing way possible; he prayed.

3. Great relief. Our dear dear friends, about whom we've been worried for months, have come into new circumstances that have changed the outlook on their situation from grim to bright.

Really. I can't possibly ask for anything more than the events that have unfolded in the past week. 2010 wasn't a great year for D and me up to this point, but I think it's possible for an entire year to be redeemed in a week. Yep, I think that's pretty possible.



No comments: