Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let's Have a QUIGSOR Christmas!

It's 7:30am on Christmas Eve eve and I have the day off. Why am I awake? I fell asleep at 9:45 last night. Even after 2 cups of afternoon coffee and a proclamation to D of: "I don't have to work tomorrow! I'm going to stay up all night with you!" This stupid Christmas season is so fraught with stupid emotions that it makes me stupid tired and lethargic and I'm stupidly unable to enjoy the holiday like I want to.
But tonight, yes tonight. Tonight is Quigsor Christmas and all the chips are down. Our fingers and toes are firmly crossed that we can traverse the span of the Ortega Mountains to get there. We've heard rumors of rock/mud/land slides but we're going anyway, dammit. *folds arms, nods head* I'm even going to put makeup on my face for the first time in a week!
Sidenote: I believe the afternoon caffeine caused me to have rawther unusual dreams last night--the strangest of which had to be accidentally landing in a cake decorating class with Natalie. The instructor was basically Hell's Kitchen and he threw Nat out toute suite for some unknown reason, but let me stay. I spent the rest of the class running around MacArthur Park flinging cake batter at pedestrians.

No comments: