Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Maid Simple: In My Purse


There are several items that I carry in my shoulder bag on a daily basis and I've been meaning to do Maid Simple posts about them, but they're all relatively small and there's not enough to say about a re-usable nylon bag to fill a post, so I'm going to give you lots of bang for your blog-buck and extol the many virtues of my handbag treasures. Well now, that doesn't sound very good, does it? Awkward segue...So here is short list of things in my purse that I use daily or nearly daily that make my life simpler:

Baggu Bag
I received my Baggu for Christmas a few years ago from my sweet friend Dawna. I tossed it in my purse and began using it immediately. Every time I went to the market to pick up one or two things I would use it. I used it at Target, at the drug store, I used it to tote things to school and friends' houses, I even used it at TJ Maxx once. It's so easy to just say "Oh thank you, but I have my own bag if that's ok." They don't give you nearly as many dirty looks as they used to years ago when my mom first started taking her own canvas bags to the market back in the early 90s. Now they kind of expect it. I also usually offer to bag my own items since most checkers seem kind of lost when the bag doesn't stand up on its own. (sigh) It comes with it's own self-containing pouch made of the same waterproof material as the bag which makes it really easy to keep in a purse or car glove box.


Lunch Skins
I keep one of the snack size lunch skins in my purse filled with raw almonds so that I have something to munch on at all times. Saves me from impulse buying candy in the check out lane when I'm running errands. And you can write your name on it! Who doesn't love that?

Purell Hand Sanitizing Spray
I can't even tell you how many times I've whipped this out right after "Turn and say good morning to someone" in church, not to mention Disneyland, restaurants, playgrounds, etc. No bathroom in sight? One spray. Easy.


Make sure to check out Take The Cannoli's Maid Simple post for the week. Hers truly is a way to simplify your daily life!

1 comment:

DawnaHartman said...

Do you know, I don't even own my own baggu bag? Isn't that sad?

I need one of those lunch skins.