Sunday, September 11, 2011

Obligatory Birthday Post

It was my birthday this month. It went something like this:









It was pretty spectacular, I'm not going to lie. Nat laid out the spread of the century complete with hors d'oeuvres, 3 tiers of Italian dessert pastries, presents, balloons, streamers, and homemade carrot cake. After giggling merrily over the deliciousness we piled our adult A's into one car and headed to Trader Sam's for more appetizers and drinks. Alls I know is I need more times like that one. The kind of night when my face hurts from laughing so much. Right now we all need more of those. Am I right? You know I am.

The day after our fabulous girls' night, B had a birthday party over-nighter so D and I went shopping and out to dinner. Wonderful. Then the next day J & V had us over for Puka Dogs and after eating we went down to the beach. Strangest thing; it was like winter at the beach. Cold, drizzling, huge surf, overcast, so we grabbed some coffees and went walking on the shore. When in Rome, right? It was so nice just walking and talking; sometimes the nicest times come out of botched plans.

All in all, a pretty great way to turn the corner on 33.

No comments: