Monday, May 03, 2010

Shorts, in short

This summer is going to be different from the last 15 summers because of one thing: shorts. I have been a direct detractor of shorts for most of my life. They never fit right, too tight, too short, too long, whatever. But this year, for the first time since freshman year of high school, I set out searching for the perfect summer shorts. Not just a means to an end, whatever felt comfortable no matter how terrible they looked because, well, everyone has to have shorts. No. Shorts actually fit me now. After losing a ridiculous amount of inches from my legs I can now opt for shorts that are 4 sizes smaller than that "acceptable" pair from 2005 that I just threw away b/c they looked heinous on me. It's not just that I didn't look 'cute' in shorts. It was a complete tragedy. No longer. I now own 2 pairs of SHORTS that I cannot wait to wear. So invite me to your summer BBQ! I promise I won't show up in jeans and make all your guests feel hot.

4 comments:

karoline said...

Way to go, Shannon! Shorts! I wish I could bring myself to wear shorts in public.

Unknown said...

so proud of you, and you looked hot in the ones you wore here, in a classy sophisticated way.

DawnaHartman said...

I read this and thought...where is the photo?
You however posted up one today on FB...and Shan, you are one HOTTT mama!!!!
I mentally just challenged myself to step it up a notch, and a BIG one at that.

Kate Snow said...

Wow, you are an inspiration to all of us non-shorters. I personally own one pair of cutoffs, but I've got to be in a really good place emotionally to wear them. For now, I remain a hoarder of summer dresses, but I hope one day I make it into Tobias territory.