Friday, February 18, 2011

TYNT

No, I have not forgotten about Thank You Note Thursday, thank you very much. Currently B and I are working on a massive load of thank you notes for all our friends and family who helped support her cookie mission this year. It is a rare and wonderful undertaking and I'm sure we won't be doing it again next year. I'm also sure I won't be posting excerpts from the 30 + letters we'll be writing.

On a related note I would like to encourage you to continue sending one handwritten thank you note out every week to someone who deserves it. The other day in one of my classes at the gym, the instructor (a good friend of mine) said "I don't know who it was, but someone wrote me the most beautiful thank you note! It almost brought me to tears, so thank you very much whoever you are." See?! Thank you notes touch lives! They're so much more than just a way to express gratitude, they're their own entity and carry a palpable emotional weight. Think about the last time you received one in the mail. Remember how that smile crept across your face as you read it? The warmth that filled your heart at just knowing that someone appreciated you enough to go through a little trouble to show you? Oh, and by the way, I did not write the thank you note to my instructor friend, but what a great idea! Someone who is committed to showing up every morning and training a group of moaning, groaning, tired and cranky ladies and does it with a smile definitely deserves a big thank you.

(holy crap! check out Marilyn!)

No comments: